[LRUG] [CFP] Talks needed

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Mon Jun 26 14:23:07 PDT 2023

Hi again!

As mentioned previously, we have one talk lined up for July, but still need
a venue.  It’d be nice to have more than one talk though so this is one of
our semi-regular pleas for talks.

We don’t expect people to be experts to give talks.  Indeed, often the best
talks are born from curiousity and excitement about having just learned a
thing and wanting to share it to find out who else thinks it’s cool or can
help take your understanding of the topic to the next level.

We are obviously particularly interested in ruby topics (what’s fun in
rails 7, what’s coming in ruby 3.3, how have you used ruby to do something
fun, weird, completely inappropriate for production code, etc…) but we’re
also keen to hear pretty much anything that you, the people reading this
email, think is interesting.  As a ruby dev, if you think it’s interesting
and want to share, chances are we will too.

We’re also very keen to help people turn ideas into talks, and would
encourage those of you who have given talks before to try and help your
colleagues get on stage too.

To get the ball rolling email us at talks at lrug.org and we’ll plan it all
out.

Our meetings are on Monday evenings from 6:30pm to 8pm (although we like
for speakers to be available from 6pm ish to check AV stuff).  In-person
events have seen us visit a local pub afterwards, but it’s up to you how
long you stay for that part (if at all!)

July is Monday 10th
August is Monday 14th
September is Monday 11th
October is Monday 9th
and so on and so on (the pattern is every second Monday of the month -
pending any public holidays)

Cheers,

Murray & the rest of the organising team