[LRUG] [ANN] October Meeting Details - Crisis Averted!

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Mon Sep 25 12:57:01 PDT 2023

Hi all,

We’re pleased to announce that thanks to Redcat Digital we’re able to have
a meeting in-person this October.

We’ll meet on Monday 9th October in their offices on Drysdale Street (just
off Hoxton Sq).  Doors will open at 6pm with the aim of starting the talks
at 6:30pm, and we should be done by 8pm at which point we’ll find a local
pub to continue the evening with some food and drink.

I say “starting the talks”, but we currently only have one talk lined up:

Rikke Rosenlund from Borrow my Doggy will be talking to us about their
platform

More details on the venue + talk available at
https://lrug.org/meetings/2023/october/

Ever hopeful we can retrospectively make that “starting the talks” true by
getting at least one more talk arranged.  We’d love to hear from you if you
have any thoughts about presenting something to our group.  Often we need a
little nudge, so if you can’t think of something you’d like to share, why
not think about your colleagues, peers, friends, family, enemies, strangers
you heard talking about ruby in the queue to buy a sack of tatties at your
local farmers market, etc… and prompt them to come share their ideas more
widely.  Get in touch with us on talks at lrug.org and we’ll help you turn
your idea into something.  We’re not looking for experts, and if it’s
something you learned recently, there’ll definitely be more people who
could learn it too.

Cheers,

Murray