[LRUG] [JOBS] CharlieHR is hiring our first Staff Software Developer

Alex Balhatchet alex at balhatchet.net
Mon May 23 09:04:35 PDT 2022

Hey LRUG,

I'm very excited to share with you all that I'm looking to hire a Staff
Software Developer! 🕵️‍♀️

Someone who will:

   - Support the Head of Engineering (me!) on setting and achieving our
   technical strategy
   - Grow the knowledge and expertise of the function as a whole
   - Collaborate with product managers, designers and developers across our
   cross-functional product teams to multiply the impact of those team members
   - Take on the most complex and challenging projects we have

You can read a bit more about Charlie on our "about us
<https://www.charliehr.com/about>" and "careers
<https://www.charliehr.com/careers>" pages, or jump right to the job ad: Staff
Software Developer <https://apply.workable.com/charliehr/j/1AA717B819/>.

To be completely open with you, this is the first time I've ever hired for
this kind of super-senior individual contributor
<https://leaddev.com/career-ladders/who-are-staff-principal-and-distinguished-engineers>
role, so I'd appreciate any advice from the group:

If you would consider yourself a staff or higher IC - does this job ad
appeal to you? What would make it even better? ✨

If you've ever hired or promoted a staff or higher IC into your team - do
you have any advice you'd be willing to share? I'm available for email
exchanges, zoom calls or coffee in East London ☕️

And of course, if you're interested in the job - please apply! 😄

If you have any thoughts or questions please email my work address:
alex at charliehr.com.

Thanks everyone,

- Alex